Saturday 31 October 2009

Well who would have thunk it?!


Here I am on one of the proudest moments of my life and of course I have to share it all with you. Two weeks ago, I submitted four of my paintings, see NY Series 1 - Hot Dog Man on my other webiste annesimages.com. Well it was a juried show so you have to have your work accepted. I was chuffed to bits as usual but even more so when I received a phone call to say I had been awarded the Presidents Prize.

The show is the very prestigious Northampton Town and County Arts Society and they have been around a very long time. Last night's event was the preview evening of the 96th annual exhibition and the standard of work there is so high I felt really humbled by the award.
So here I am standing very proudly in front of the award winning painting. I feel very privileged and very very inspired.

Thanks to all who voted for me.
Anne

2 comments:

  1. Well done! I am proud of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations again, Anne :) Your work shone from amongst all the MANY others - and you more than deserved the award. And I should know, I was there ;)Lisa

    ReplyDelete